2.4.12

Next Steps Declared...as He Promised.

Have you ever gone somewhere in your dreams, and then woke up feeling like you were really there?

That happened to me back in November. In my dreams, I went to Nepal. I remember I was there with X-squad (a World Race squad that left in July 2010). I didn't recognize any of the faces of the teammates, but I did see the faces of the people of Nepal. I could even see what the country looked like and I have never even been there before.

Also...back in November, I was praying about Native Americans because I really wanted to go and teach on the reservations. While I was praying for the Natives, I started dreaming about India. I couldn't stop thinking about this country and I felt a big pressing on my heart to pray for the people there. 

I was starting to feel really confused and I started asking God all kinds of questions. Then I felt Him tell me, "Go ask Bethany to pray for you." Bethany was working with me at the time, in the Adventures in Missions office, and she was my one of my squad-mates. I asked her to pray for me, but I didn't tell her why. As she prayed, she said she saw me on a speedboat, dressed in a blue, Indian sari. She said she felt like God was going to send me to India, and there was nothing I needed to do. I just needed to rest in Him and He would bring it to pass. 

Not to mention, back when I was 17 years old, the Lord told me I would go to Africa and India. The first part happened....I spent 7 months total in Africa, but I have always wondered would I ever really go to India.

I wondered if this had anything to do with squad leading. I never really had a desire to squad lead. My heart was so focused on working with Native Americans, and this had nothing to do with that. So I just prayed about...in case. But I told God I wasn't going to press the issue. So if this was something He wanted me to do, He would have to have someone approach me about it, and confirm it that way.

I never heard anything else about it. So in the meantime, I left Georgia, and came back to Florida. During this process, I have gone through more spiritual deaths, signed up for Teach for America and gotten denied, tried to do missions in Italy (that door closed), tried to get a teaching job on the Navajo Rez (that door closed), and I just kept waiting for God to show me the way. 

The Lord's words to me were: "I am positioning you for battle, I am positioning you for victory. Next steps declared." So I knew once I had my victory, I would know what was next. After I overcame a huge spiritual battle, one that I fought for weeks, I talked to Bethany on the phone and told her everything that had happened.

The next day......

I got an email from her asking me if would consider squad leading in July. As soon as I read the email...I knew.

Then she tells me that the first country, Route 1 would be going to was India. And the next country....Nepal.


Did I really need any more confirmation?

Gotta love how God works : )

1 comment:

Hope Naomi said...

...OMG OMG OMG I'M FREAKING OUT AND SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!