5.3.12

Ready for the Next Adventure?

If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. 

A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook profile, and it has been ringing in my head ever since.




My dreams at the moment aren't really scaring me. They seem pretty normal and secure, although I know they won't be easy.

So this makes me think....does God want even more for me? Am I dreaming big enough?



A young woman I know gave me a word before I left Adventures in Missions. She said that I would teach communities how to dream. 

What a powerful word! Really? How can I teach communities how to dream if I am not even dreaming as BIG as I can?

To be honest, a part of me likes the idea of actually having a job. I like the idea of having medical insurance, driving a car, and having my own place. I like the idea of security, because that is what my life was like before the Race. I haven't had that for so long, and a part of me misses it



But do I really want that? Am I really ready to stop living the adventure...moment to moment..always plunging into the unknown and fully depending on God to meet my needs, because I have no other choice. If he doesn't come through for me...I'm screwed. 


Well recently, God has been placing some things on my heart and on my mind, that have my heart beating fast! Of course, it is so much bigger than what I have been planning for myself. I'm not going to lie...I'm a little freaked out. Hahahaha! But...He has never let me down before, so why do I even entertain the idea that He will now?



So...this is my prayer for you...if you are at a crossroad where you have to make a decision, between playing it safe or jumping into the depths of the unknown:



Father, thank you for giving us authority to completely annihilate the enemy, and may we always walk in the authority you have given us. (1 Samuel 15:3-5) Thank you that you do nothing without revealing your plans to your servants. (Amos 3) I ask you to flood us and fill us with your living water. Wash out all that doesn't belong and refresh the dry, weary, thirsty areas. (John 4:15) Thank you that you will speak what you will and it shall be fulfilled without delay. (Ezekiel 12:25) May we always be on guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducee.(Matthew 16:5) Thank you that we are like the stork and the dove who know their appointed seasons and time of migration. (Jeremiah 8:7-9) Thank you that with your courage, we will be obedient to your word. Thank you that you will put us in our position, as you did with Solomon, even if we are as little children and do not know how to carry out our duties. (1 Kings 3:7) For where we are weak, you are strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9) Thank you that we are bread without yeast, bread of sincerity and truth...through you. ( 1 Corinthians 5) In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Ms. Patti said...

Keep dreaming Melina! You have encouraged me to do so! :) Love you and miss you like crazy! xoxo